Goodland, Kansas
2.0
Insurance Plans Acceptance

After a bad storm i filed a claim several years ago and an inspector came and looked at the roof.I got a tiny check for some low-ball amount and looked for roofers who all laughed in my face.I could not find anyone to even patch it for this amount but i kept the insurance and even tried the auto but it was much too high.

After a horrendous hail storm my friend just got a brand new roof and a nearly new car.I got a check for $2700.This won't even buy shingles,much less labor.Then i got a letter saying we are cancelling your insurance at your request???This proves to me that the claims adjuster listened in on a personal phone call where i told my friend" i should just cancel this" when he was on the roof.These people are cheap rip off artists and will never help you when you need it the most.Guess ill be buying the insurance my friend has next.

This reviewer shared experience about return, exchange or cancellation policy and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $5000. This person is overall dissatisfied with Shelter Insurance. The most disappointing about shelter insurance homeowners policy claim at Shelter Insurance was did not like what was done, hate it and cheap tactics , but reviewer liked jamie. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Shelter Insurance.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Insurance category for more informed decision or compare Shelter Insurance to other companies on our site.

Comments

Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States #1315869

***. You should have gotten estimates before the adjuster came to inspect. $2700.00 For that price I could have a full roof and a half for that.

Yes Shelter is very stingy when paying claims. But, you have options, you can try an appraisal defined in the policy, you may be able to hire a public adjuster, check the laws of your state. Ask for a second inspection with an experienced roofer of your choice.