Goodland, Kansas
2.0
Insurance Plans Acceptance

After a bad storm i filed a claim several years ago and an inspector came and looked at the roof.I got a tiny check for some low-ball amount and looked for roofers who all laughed in my face.I could not find anyone to even patch it for this amount but i kept the insurance and even tried the auto but it was much too high.

After a horrendous hail storm my friend just got a brand new roof and a nearly new car.I got a check for $2700.This won't even buy shingles,much less labor.Then i got a letter saying we are cancelling your insurance at your request???This proves to me that the claims adjuster listened in on a personal phone call where i told my friend" i should just cancel this" when he was on the roof.These people are cheap rip off artists and will never help you when you need it the most.Guess ill be buying the insurance my friend has next.

Product or Service Mentioned: Shelter Insurance Homeowners Policy Claim.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I liked: Jamie.

I didn't like: Did not like what was done, Hate it, Cheap tactics, Cancels policy if check a few days late, Claims adjuster a phony and a liar.

Comments

Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States #1315869

***. You should have gotten estimates before the adjuster came to inspect. $2700.00 For that price I could have a full roof and a half for that.

Yes Shelter is very stingy when paying claims. But, you have options, you can try an appraisal defined in the policy, you may be able to hire a public adjuster, check the laws of your state. Ask for a second inspection with an experienced roofer of your choice.