My car was hit while I was at work, I immediately called shelter to report the claim who was very helpful, the accident happened on Friday the 19th of Feb.2010 the driver of the car hit and ran but was picked up by the police who arrested him for a DWI.The adjuster called the following Monday and said to get a police report which I did and the agent faxed it to her.

I ended up making phone calls that I feel as my insurance carrier should have done to talk to the police departmentand try to find out if the guy had insurance or not since none had been provided at the time of the hit and run. The adjuster said she had tried to call to find out from the officer if the guy had insurance to no avail. I have full coverage insurance which I fully understand that if the guy has insurance that his would have to take care of it, but it has been 2 weeks and I feel it should have gone under UIM especially after knowing the guy is in jail and will be for 90 days. Shelter should handle this claim better than it is handled .

What is so hard about asking the officer to ask the guy who hit me what is the name of your carrier if indeed you have one.

I am totally pissed.All I want is my car fixed and at no out of pocket expense.

Review about: Shelter Insurance Claim.

Had an Experience with Shelter Insurance?

Comments